Friday, May 1, 2015

Fast and Easy - Hey lady

I don't like saying a project is Clean and Simple. I think it implies that it can't be fabulous. Instead I like "Fast and Easy." Is there a difference? Probably not but hey...My circus, My monkeys! LOL. When I received my latest Frantic Stamper design team dies I was overjoyed. Each time I think the die designs couldn't get better, Kathy Berger (die designer), hits another one out of the park. The entire latest release is absolutely fabulous. Thanks so much Kathy.
It took me longer to get the supplies together than it did to put the card together. I had a plan and was able to execute it perfectly.

I started by folding my card base in half and rounding one corner with a Crop A Dile 1/2" Corner Chomper. I chose a DCWV white core textured paper as the "sky." I cut the San Francisco Cityscape with both black and brown paper and glued them together, offsetting them slight to to create a shadow. Next I used the lady herself, the Statue of Liberty precision die. I used a double sided foil paper I have in my stash and sometimes it is impossible to cut. As I wanted to keep all of the cutouts intact and it worked perfectly I added foam squares for added dimension. Finally I used the Sunburst Card Panel and a round die to cut the sun. In my opinion the sentiment is the "cherry on top." It's from My Creative Time, was stamped onto Vellum with Staz-On Jet Black ink. 

Challenges entered
Brown Sugar –  Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays -Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes

Glitter Text Generator

2 comments:

  1. Rachelle, you're right, the dies are fantastic and you created a great card with them. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

    Hugz,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. However you word it hun, it is gorgeous, great job, love the sentiment and the colors. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Cheers!
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete