Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween



I made this card for myself. Why shouldn't I have a Halloween card?

I started with two Sassy Studio Designs--Masked Maurauder and Masked Warrior. They were colored w/Copics. Next I cut and folded the paper for a basic side step card. I cut the castle and the picket fence w/the Cricut then distressed both with an emery board and Tim Holtz distress ink. I also added some extra texture to the castle by crushing it up in my palm, inking more and spritzing with water. Both came from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I made the sentiment up and cut it with a Spellbinders die the that I won from Regan at Charmed Stamping on her birthday blog candy give away. Thanks R! I embossed it and added brads. I cut the moon from glitter paper with my Martha Stewart circle cutter. The web border was made with her web punch around the page. I couldn't resist added bling and Stickles.

Challengers entered:
KennyK Krafty Girls - Glitter & Bling
Card Cupids - More than one fold
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything goes
Haunted Design House - Heinously Haunted Houses
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Halloween
Kaboodle Doodles - Sassy Girls
Paper Playtime - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Bingo
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

8 comments:

  1. Awesome... like the way the castle is textured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween card!! Thanks for taking the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab hounted castle and I adore your Divas. Thanks for joining the Minions this week at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I can see lots of work went into a card for you! LOL! Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Thanks for joining us for our Sassy Girls challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is EPIC, Rachelle!!! Fantastic scene! So creative and well put together! The castle is magnificent and I'm glad you're enjoying the Spellbinder tags! ;) Fabulous coloring and love the sentiment too!!! What an awesome card to give yourself! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice card!!! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's challenge!

    gr.arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the texture of the castle and the fence. And the beautiful sparkling bat. And to me, the girls look like they don't care about any haunting but just want to look stylish. Cool.

    ReplyDelete